Monday, August 11, 2008

Off to school we go...




Today embarks on the start of another school year and a year closer to Weston's speech getting better. For those of you who may not know, Weston has a bit of a speech problem. We really don't know why he has such a hard time speaking/pronouncing his words-- it could be for various reasons-- he was born early, I had low amniotic fluid when pregnant, he's had many ear infections, he is a boy. However, we are so fortunate to have caught this early on. He won't be behind in school and is just getting the extra help he needs to be where he is at. This is his second year at Keller in the speech program they have there. He loves it. It is just like a "normal" preschool but they use play therapy to help with the speech issues he has. I swear by this program! I have seen it work miracles in my son's life! His speech is so much better than last year. By the end of this year, he should be on track for kindergarten!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Yeah for Weston:) I don't even notice that he has a speech problem! He looks so cute with his little backpack. And your right, it fits him perfectly:) Shea is excited for preschool to start, but it doesn't start until september:)

Leslie said...

We had Weston say the opening prayer in Primary on Sunday. He did a great job! He was so brave. He started it all by himself then he copied what I said until the end which he did all by himself.
Les.

Karissa said...

First off, I want to say Im so sorry to hear about your dad. That makes me sick! I hope he continues to recover well everyday. Second, I must know more about this school Weston is going to. My son Tate had probably 20-30 ear infections the fist year that he was born. When he turned one he had tubes put in. He has developed normally other than his speech. He hardly says any words and totally has his own language. He has his 3 yr. appt at the end of this month and I was gonna ask my doc. about some good speech programs. He is supposed to start pre-k next year and I totally feel he wont be ready. So if you could let me know that would be Awesome!
p.s.. Weston and Parker are such studs in their ties!

brentanderrin said...

i love those pictures of your boys in black and white on the side of your blog... they are so adorable!

Houston Family said...

I think that Weston is one of the cutest kids I know. I love when they get excited about something. I hope the new time works out okay for you.

SloneFamily said...

Oh My gosh I am so sorry to hear about your Dad... Mesa can be so scary at times! I am glad to hear he is ok. And as for Weston... that is so exciting that he is starting in Preschool. He will catch up in no time with his speech... that is really good that you caught it so early.

Eric and Kailee said...

Weston is already going to school!!! Wow they grow up so fast. I love the backpack it's perfect.

the DeCampos Family said...

He looks too cute. His little smile!! I am glad the program at Keller is helping him out. I am able to understand him. And heads up. My girls are both sick today with the vomiting. So depending on how they are tomorrow if I can make activity days.

Jenn & Collin said...

aww...Your little boy is getting all growed up!!! How old is he now? He looks so adorable in that little back pack :o)

Anonymous said...

He is such a little man! That is so fun he is in school- and so weird- I don't know if you remember- but we were in kindergarten together. Oh how time flies!! :)
I love it- and the tie pictures are adorable! We actually just rented out our condo for a year, no sell, so don't feel bad- it is sooo hard to sell in this market right now :/

Chelsey Howard said...

We celebrated her b-day the day before I went to the hospital, and then on her actual birthday trev. and I took the kids to Bahama Bucks and she opened presents for trev, shea and I:) I need to call you, sorry I'll be a bad friend until school starts in Sept. But I'll call you soon! And the cake is from walmart, I didn't have time to bake one. Infact, I didn't even have time to pick up the cake, my mom did it for me:)